Recipe by Wildflour
I've started experimenting with dry mixes adding them to hamburger to "perk up" the flavor, this is the latest! We felt like we were eating at a very upscale bistro cafe! Hope you try them before the summer is over, they are to die for! Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (1/2 ounce) packagedry pesto sauce mix
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and more if desired
- 3 kaiser rolls
- 3 slices tomatoes
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 3 slices red onions
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared basil pesto (in the jar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry pesto mix into hamburger well.
- Shape into 6 THIN patties, (they will be large).
- (Make sure edges are nice, not cracked).
- Top 3 patties with the provolone cheese evenly, in the center.
- Top each with the remaining patties and seal edges well.
- In very small bowl, mix mayo and jarred pesto sauce for spreading later.
- Grill burgers, approximately 12-13 minutes total, turning once, or til burgers are done, over medium-high grill.
- When burgers are just about done, grill buns lightly.
- Spread inside top rolls with pesto mayo, place burgers on bottom roll.
- Top burgers with lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Place top rolls on.