Recipe by Kathleen Talbot
These are great to serve at parties. Fun for watching sports. Be prepared to make a lot, because you'll watch 'em disappear!
Top Review by Kim D.
These wings were GREAT! The only change I made, was that I baked the wings at 375F for 35-40 minutes instead of frying them for a healthier dish. My family loves to eat hot wings at a restaurant called "Wolfies" and they said these were pretty close to the restaurants! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 2 quarts canola oil or 2 quarts Crisco cooking oil
- 3 1⁄2 lbs party-style chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- blue cheese dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 4 inches of oil in deep fryer or medium stock pot over high heat (400°F).
- The way I test it is to drop in a bread crumb- when it sizzles and crackles it's ready.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels, set aside.
- Fry chicken until golden brown 15-25 minutes.
- I fry about 10-12 wings at a time to prevent bubbling over.
- Drain on baking sheet While wings are cooking, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add hot sauce, Tabasco, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until hot.
- When wings are finished transfer to an air tight container.
- Add some sauce and cover tightly.
- Shake container to fully coat wings.
- Serve immediately with blue cheese dressing for dipping (and cooling off your tongue!).