Prep4 hrs 5 mins
For this recipe I use frozen chicken tenders or chicken breasts (yes, frozen) in my slow cooker. This is a good recipe to substitute beans, veggies, etc. and make it the way you want. This will make 10 "healthy" servings (thats 1/2 a chicken breast) so judge your servings on your families appitite.
- Place frozen chicken breasts or tenders in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except cream cheese.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours (less if chicken isn't frozen).
- At this point I remove about 1/2 the liquid because I like my sauce thick, like a stew.
- You can leave all the liquid if you want a soup.
- Add cream cheese, cook on warm setting for 30 minutes, then stir.
- This can be served over rice or wrapped in flour tortillas.
- One healthy serving is 1/2 a breast or 2 large chicken tenders.