1/4 Photos of Kickin' Creamy Chicken Stew in a Slow Cooker
4 hrs 5 mins
4 hrs 5 mins
For this recipe I use frozen chicken tenders or chicken breasts (yes, frozen) in my slow cooker. This is a good recipe to substitute beans, veggies, etc. and make it the way you want. This will make 10 "healthy" servings (thats 1/2 a chicken breast) so judge your servings on your families appitite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place frozen chicken breasts or tenders in bottom of slow cooker.
- 2Add remaining ingredients except cream cheese.
- 3Cook on high for 4-5 hours (less if chicken isn't frozen).
- 4At this point I remove about 1/2 the liquid because I like my sauce thick, like a stew.
- 5You can leave all the liquid if you want a soup.
- 6Add cream cheese, cook on warm setting for 30 minutes, then stir.
- 7This can be served over rice or wrapped in flour tortillas.
- 8One healthy serving is 1/2 a breast or 2 large chicken tenders.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kickin' Creamy Chicken Stew in a Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 80.1 mg
- Sodium 548.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 30.1 g