Recipe by lmcall
I came up with this recipe when I was determined to make a turkey burger that my family actually enjoyed eating. After several attempts I hit the jackpot with this burger. To my surprise my husband requested this burger again for dinner one night.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground turkey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices pineapple
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 whole pieces leaf lettuce
- 4 slices tomatoes, 1/4 inch thick
- 4 slices red onions, 1/4 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add spinach and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat up a grill pan over medium high heat. Spray with a non-stick spray.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine spinach, ground turkey, egg, goat cheese, A1 sauce, salt and pepper. Form into four 3/4-inch patties. Add patties to grill and cook for 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- Remove from heat and cover loosely with foil.
- While grill pan is still hot, add pineapple slices. Spray additional non-stick spray if needed. Grill pineapple for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Lightly toast the buns on the grill. Add 1 tablespoon of mayo to the bottom of each bun. Then add the following ingredients to each bun: lettuce, turkey patty, grilled pineapple slice, tomato, onion and bun top. Serves 4.