1/4 Photos of Kicked-Up No-Bake Nachos
Vicki in CT's Note:
From Emeril. Sinfully delicious. The chorizo/cheese sauce with the cool avocado/tomatoes topping is perfection. Great game time dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Chili con Queso
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced chorizo sausage
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup canned chopped mild green chili
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups grated medium cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
Base and toppings
- 1For queso: In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until fat starts to render, about 4 minutes. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until very soft, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, and cayenne and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the flour and stir for 2 minutes.
- 2Add the tomatoes and chopped chiles, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Slowly add the cream and stir until thick, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Add the cheeses and cook, stirring, until melted and well incorporated. Remove from the heat and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- 4Spread the corn chips in a thick layer across a large heat-proof tray or decorative platter.
- 5Ladle the chili con queso over the chips in an even layer. If desired, top with jalapeno slices. Evenly arrange the chopped avocados, green onions, and cilantro over the cheese layer and top with dollops of sour cream. Serve immediately.
- 6On the show Emeril layered these, i.e. chips, queso, toppings, chips, queso, toppings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kicked-Up No-Bake Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1060.4
- Calories from Fat 689
- Total Fat 76.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.2 g
- Cholesterol 152.3 mg
- Sodium 1432.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 34.0 g