Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Must for weight reduction diet
- 500 g brinjal
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds, zeera
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, grated
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 green chili peppers, slit
- 1⁄2 cup coriander, green (to garnish)
- Wash and wipe brinja; slit lengthwise and smear with oil. Bake in hot oven/microwave till tender but does not loose shape.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and zeera. When it sputters add ginger, onion and garlic. Stir fry the onions till light brown. Add tomatoes, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, red chili powder and salt. Sauté till it starts sticking to pan. Lower flame. Add brinjal and green chilies, turn around till well coated.
- Add 1/2 cup water and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with green coriander.