Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very tasty dish
- 8 curry leaves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried red chili
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 fresh green chile, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken, and cubed
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- Combine the spices and salt together in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan, when the oil is hot add the spice mixture, then the green chilies.
- Add onion and stir-fry over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Add the tomato and chicken pieces for about 7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Stir the mixture for another 3-5 minutes.
This had so many yummy flavors, I loved the tang of the pomegranate and the little bursts of flavor from the mustard, cumin and fennel seeds. It was also a very quick and easy meal to make.