Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A nice ending to a heavy meal, they are also great to serve at barbecues in the summer.
Top Review by debwade1
Wow! Just made these for the first time. My husband loves Key Lime Pie, and I thought these would be a great option instead of a whole pie. I tried one, and they are absolutely delicious! I can't wait for my husband to get home from work and try them! They were quite gooey after mixing, so I put them in the fridge for a bit to firm up. They also took at least 15 minutes to turn even slightly brown around the edges. I used the zest from 1 lime, and the juice of 3 limes. Awesome cookies, and I will most definitely be making these again!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, plus
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (or Key Lime juice)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest (green part only)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar, egg and egg yolk until creamy.
- Thoroughly mix in flour, baking powder, salt, lime juice and lime peel.
- Form dough into 1/2-inch balls and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350º for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Remove to wire rack.
- While still warm, sift confectioner's sugar over cookies.