Recipe by newspapergal
Top Review by Somogirl
These were very much like lemon bars I make.I used fresh squeezed key limes for this.I found though good did not have enough tangy lime taste.But my friend loved them.I also added fresh lime zest to filling.Please note:recipe did not instruct to add the 2 Cups flour to crust mixture.I made the crust in a food processor.My friend said the crust was much better than the one for the lemon bars I make.I think this is one of the very few times I would use bottled lime juice in a recipe,next I may try half fresh/half bottled.But all in all addictive dessert!
- 1 cup butter, softened slightly
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For CRUST: Mix 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar & 2 cups of flour and pat into a 9x12-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Watch carefully! Beat together the eggs, sugar, and lime juice. Add the 4 Tbsp flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix and pour on top of the crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with confectioners' sugar and cut into bars.