House Slytherin Key Lime Bars
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 50mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons super black gel food coloring
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon electric green gel food coloring
- 1 cup white candy melts to decorate cake
- edible silver metallic spray to decorate cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini green m&m candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper so that there is some overhang on each side. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Add flour, sugar, butter, salt, and black gel food coloring to a food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes, then let cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Add cream cheese to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat until fluffy. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat. Add lime juice, extract, and green gel food coloring. Beat until combined. Pour mixture over cooled crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until set. Cool 30 minutes then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, 4 hours to overnight.
- Add candy melts to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, whisking in between, until melted. Transfer to a piping bag. Pipe out 9 snakes, about 2 inches tall, onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, using a toothpick to move chocolate around. Use a printed template if needed. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
- Once snakes are dry, spray with metallic spray and let set.
- Lift chilled bars from pan and cut into even squares, 3 across and 3 vertical, so you have 9 squares total.
- Push mini M&M’s into the bars in offset rows to create a snake-like pattern.
- Pipe some melted chocolate onto the back of the snakes and place in the center of the bars. Let dry before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!