1 hr 19 mins
1 hr 13 mins
Ketjap Manis...my obsession of the week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed (boneless and skinless)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 large fresh red chili, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup ketjap manis (indonesian sweet sauce ABC brand)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- olive oil, to grease
- ketjap manis, extra, to serve
- lime wedge, to serve
- 1Soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water for 15 minutes prior to grilling.
- 2Use a sharp knife to cut the chicken into cubes. Combine the garlic, ginger, chili, ketjap manis, sugar, fish sauce and lime juice and pour into a sealable ziplock bag. Add the cubed chicken and squish to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour to develop the flavors.
- 3Meanwhile, place the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold running water until water runs clear. Combine the rice, salt, stock and turmeric in a large saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Set aside and keep warm.
- 4Remove the cubed chicken from the marinade and salt lightly. Thread the chicken evenly among skewers. Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan on high. Brush with oil to lightly grease. Cook the chicken skewers on preheated grill, turning occasionally, for 6 minutes or until charred and cooked through.
- 5Divide the chicken skewers among serving plates. Drizzle with a little extra ketjap manis and serve immediately with the lime wedges and turmeric rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ketjap Manis Chicken Skewers With Yellow Rice
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.4
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.1 mg
- Sodium 650.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: