Recipe by philliptan
This is a traditional Chinese dish that I learnt from my mother. It's easy to toss together and very delicious.
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 lb prawns or 1 lb shrimp (unshelled)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry garlic in oil until slightly browned.
- Add prawns/shrimps (unshelled, but personal preference) and lightly sear until they start to redden.
- Combine tomato ketchup and water, mix well and add to prawns, stirring constantly.
- Once prawns/shrimps curl and is just about cooked, beat egg and add in.
- Stir and serve when egg is cooked.