Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 5 cups flour (approx)
- 1 package yeast, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup water (105-110 deg F)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Warm milk, sugar, salt, and shortening in microwave for 1-2 min.
- Let cool.
- Shortening need not be melted.
- Set aside.
- Put 2 cups flour inbowl.
- Add yeast,egg and liquid ingredients.
- Using electric mixer,beat well.
- Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time until mixer can no longer turn.
- Then stir with wooden spoon.
- Let dough rest 15 minutes on floured board.
- Knead 15-20 times.
- Coat dough by rolling in butter-greased bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- On floured board, knead 10times.
- Make balls.
- Place in greased pan.
- Let rise 1-2 hours or untildough doubles.
- Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, butter top of rolls.
- Serve hot.
I was very pleased with this recipe. Very easy and my family loved them. I've made them twice already.