Recipe by pink cook
This spread can be used as a dip or sandwiches and canapes. It was made popular at Louisville's Benedict's Restaurant earlier in this century for the Kentucky Derby.
- 1 large English cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 dash green food coloring (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill weed, snipped
- vegetables, crudites
- crackers, tortilla or pita bread chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate cucumber and drain in a fine mesh sieve. Combine cucumber, cream cheese, onion, salt, mayonnaise, sour cream and food coloring (if using) in a food processor.
- Transfer to a bowl and add chopped dillweed. Taste for seasoning.
- Serve with vegetable crudites as baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas; or white and blue con tortilla or pita bread chips.