Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk (lowfat or nonfat milk okay)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning (Bulk KFC Original Recipe Seasoning (Copycat))
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- MELT 3 tablespoons butter over medium low heat in a large saucepan; STIR in 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour.
- COOK until bubbly but not browned.
- WARM 2 cups milk in a microwave oven.
- WHISK constantly while adding warmed milk to butter/flour roux all at once, until smooth.
- RAISE heat to medium-high then add 1 level teaspoon chicken bouillon powder, 3/4 teaspoon Recipe #453973, 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, and 1/8 teaspoon paprika.
- WHISK constantly until mixture begins to bubble.
- REDUCE heat to medium.
- COOK until completely thickened and flavors develop, whisking often; ADJUST seasonings to taste if desired (thin gravy if needed, with a few teaspoons of milk).
- REDUCE heat to lowest setting; COVER gravy loosely and stir occasionally until served.
- SERVE with your favorite Southern-style dishes and enjoy!