Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love fresh corn but this version of John Shields corn pudding is out of this world. Just put all the ingredients in the pan and cook. he appears on .Coastal Cooking with John Shields.
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels, coarsely chopped (4 to 5 ears)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°F Butter a I-quart baking dish.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour the mixture into the dish.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until set. Serve as soon as possible.
I invited my gram (the best cook I know) for dinner and made this dish and she said she had to have the recipe.. it made me feel good
EASY! TASTY! ABSOLUTELY GREAT! We really appreciated that this was made with fresh corn ~ It would be very good with canned or frozen corn, I'm sure, but the fresh kernels make this OUTSTANDING! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Tgged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]