I know there are a lot of these, but I do make them a little different. Everyone always asks what I put in them! So here's how I make them. Enjoy!!
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 celery rib, very thinly sliced or chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crush with your fingers
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed Chicken In A Biscuit crackers, can sub club crackers
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- In large bowl combine well everything but the potatoes, crackers and butter.
- Fold in potatoes well.
- Pour into 13x9 glass baking dish.
- Smooth top even and flat.
- Mix crackers and butter and evenly sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in 350º oven for 45 minutes.
- Let set 5-10 minutes before serving.
This was okay. We both added salt and pepper on our plates which helped the flavor. I think it would have been better with thinly sliced fresh potatoes rather than the cubed hash brown frozen ones.
Very good and easy. Love the crunchy topping.
I made this with shredded hash browns since the store was out of the cubed but I don't think it made any difference when it came to the taste. I didn't have any of the Chicken in a Basket crackers so I crushed some Ritz crackers for the top and added a whole small chopped onion, salt and pepper and a little more garlic than was called for. This recipe makes a lot so I have half in the freezer for another meal.