Recipe by Mrs. Jaye
My kids insist I make this every Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and their birthdays! A big hit for many years.
Top Review by Bernadette
I made this the other night for a large dinner party I gave and it was gone in nothing flat! And most of the people who gobbled it down, said they didn't even like cranberries! Definitely a great hit, and we'll have this again and again. Thanks Kelley!
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries, minced fine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained and squeezed well
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans or macadamia nuts)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 regular package mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Pick through cranberries discarding soft ones and stems, rinse and drain well.
- In a food processor, mince cranberries. (It'll take hours if you try to mince cranberries by hand!).
- Add sugar and chopped nuts to the cranberries and let sit at room temperature for an hour or so until sugar dissolves.
- Pour pineapple into cheesecloth and squeeze to drain liquid.
- Add to cranberry mixture.
- Once sugar is dissolved, add marshmallows and Cool Whip and mix well.
- Refrigerate until serving.