Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
My DD came up with this recipe on the spur of the moment. The tilapia soaks up the fresh flavors of the soy, ginger, garlic and orange to produce a fantastic marinade to die for. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets (filets)
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger (fresh & grated)
- 3 tablespoons garlic (roughly chopped)
- 3 scallions (roughly chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- Combine all the ingredients except the (3/4 cup orange juice and fish) in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Divide marinade in half. Reserve half for sauce.
- Place fish in marinade and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Turn grill on high and allow to heat for at least 10 minutes.
- Grill fish 1-3 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the fish.
- While the grill is heating combine the reserved marinade for the sauce with the 3/4 cup of orange juice and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and allow sauce to reduce by 2/3.
Delicious flavor on the fish. I subbed red snapper for the tilapia and it worked great. I grilled mine on my stovetop Lodge grill pan and cooking time was right on. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
Wow! Excellent tilapia recipe! 5 Stars!! When I see "grill", I think it means an outdoor grill (as in charcoal) so that is how I cooked this dish. Using a charcoal grill means it takes about 20 minutes to get the grill ready, so I waited a while to reduce my sauce. The sauce is wonderful. I marinated for about 1 1/2 hours, then grilled outside. Perfection! Made for Photo Tag!