Recipe by Bow
This eggnog recipe calls for plenty of booze for those who like their nog with a little kick. Great for taking out the Winter chill around Christmas time. A family special from grandmother Kearsley.
- 2 quarts milk
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 dozen egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pint brandy
- 1 pint rye whiskey
- 1⁄2 pint dark Jamaican rum
- 1⁄4 pint sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix liquor. Sample at will.
- Separate the eggs. In a large bowl, add sugar to yolks and mix.
- Add liquor slowly while beating the mixture.
- Add milk and half and half, beating slowly.
- Beat egg whites until semi-stiff. Fold into other mixture.
- Keep refrigerated. Since we live in the Northeast, my father likes to put it out on the basement steps and lets the winter weather keep it cold. At my apartment, we just use the porch.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and taste frequently.