Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great for all your BBQ needs. Goes well with chicken, steak, ribs, and burgers.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked salt (i.e. McCormick's)
- Combine all ingredients in large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and allow mixture to simmer 25 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Store in air-tight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
I made this to go on various smoked meats (ribs & pulled pork mainly). Most people were not impressed - a few said they didn't like the celery seed flavor. I liked it by itself but it wasn't worth the effort. Sorry but I won't be making this again.