Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom has made this for years and is a family favourite. We use it in salads and in sandwiches.
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 dash red pepper sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar (or cider)
- 2 cups water
- In a sauce pan, beat the eggs.
- Add the other ingredients except water, whisk well to mix.
- Heat slowly over medium heat til starting to thicken.
- Add water, keep whisking and heat to desired thickness.
Say! This is really good. I used it in my potato salad and then the next time in the coleslaw. I didn't use the red pepper sauce and I really like the flavour. GOOD.