1/2 Photos of Kato's Chocolate Hazelnut Delight Torte
1 hr 30 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
This is the cake that I request for my birthday. It's so good, definitely worth the extra effort. I hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup chocolate, bittersweet, grated
- 1 tablespoon espresso, fine grind
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hazelnut-flavored liqueur, frangelica
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, sliced
- 1/8 cup hazelnuts, ground
- 1Cake - Preheat oven.
- 2Grease and flour two round 9" cake pans.
- 3Mix cake as directed on back of package.
- 4Gently add the grated bittersweet chocolate and the ground espresso to the prepared cake mixture, then pour into pans and bake.
- 5Cool cakes completely on wire racks.
- 6Slice each cake layer into two even layers.
- 7Buttercream Icing - Beat the butter until it is light and fluffy, then add the icing sugar slowly, until well blended.
- 8Divide the buttercream icing into four bowls equally.
- 9In #1 bowl add the melted chocolate to the icing, in #2 bowl add the coffee liquid to the icing and in #3 & #4 bowls add 1 tbsp vanilla to both bowls of icing.
- 10To assemble the cake, place first cake layer.
- 11on plate.
- 12Sprinkle cake with 2 tbsps of frangelica and spread chocolate buttercream onto cake.
- 13Top cake with second cake layer, sprinkle cake with 2 tbsps of frangelica and spread.
- 14vanilla buttercream onto cake.
- 15Top cake with third cake layer, sprinkle cake with 2 tbsps of frangelica and spread coffee buttercream onto cake.
- 16Top cake with fourth cake layer, sprinkle cake with remaining frangelica and spread vanilla butter cream onto top and sides of cake.
- 17Press the sliced hazelnuts into the sides of the cake and garnish the top with the ground hazelnuts.
- 18Chill cake in fridge for several hours.
- 19One hour before serving remove cake from fridge and allow to slowly come to room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kato's Chocolate Hazelnut Delight Torte
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 986.9
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.5 mg
- Sodium 538.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 84.7 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: