Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Okay, I just had to post this recipe because I grew up making it. I guess it all started when we wanted waffles, but had no syrup; thus sweet waffle sandwiches were created! For some reason this has always been a real comfort food for me. Give this recipe a try and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
- 2 waffles (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons jelly (strawberry is the best)
- Toast waffles as directed on package.
- Spread cream cheese on one waffle and spread the jelly on the other waffle.
- Put waffles together to make a sandwich and enjoy.
What a great and simple idea! I had healthy blueberry (frozen) waffles on hand and used cream cheese and strawberry jelly. Yummy for both me and my 4 yr old! Thanks!
This sweet sandwich is sooo good! I used two homemade whole-wheat waffles, light cream cheese, and strawberry jelly. Thanks for posting this simple but delicious recipe!