Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Makes one gallon of refreshing sweet tea, passed down from my Mama to me.
Make and share this Katie's Sweet Tea recipe from Food.com.
- Place tea bags and 5 cups of cold water in a saucepan.Turn burner on high.When tea comes to a boil let boil one minute.
- Turn off burner and let saucepan sit (or steep) for 20 minutes.
- Place one cup of sugar in a gallon tea pitcher.
- Add the tea/water and stir with a long wooden spoon.
- Continue filling pitcher with fresh cold water from the tap or spring, until you have one gallon.
- Place in the refrigerator until chilled. Pour a big glass of tea, and add a lemon slice,if desired.Enjoy!
I made this recipe for the " Beach Party " in the Photo Forum,since most teas taste better the day after you make them, this was made on 8/11/12.And since my SO and I don't drink a lot of tea, only half was made. This will surely satisfy any thirst on a hot day.Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling "
There's something wrong with my weather. Non-stop sunshine, no rain and blue skies in February.
So easy and delish!!
made this for the 2012 Zaar Cookbook Tag