Recipe by BakerNurse
I took a basic oatmeal cookie recipe and just changed a few things around. Dried pineapple works best. I wanted a cookie without chocolate, but I'm thinking of adding some chips to the next batch - these were a huge hit with my coworkers!!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed (I prefer dark brown)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick or regular)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped dried pineapple
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, soda, powder and salt; set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla - mixing on high until light and fluffy.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, until well combined.
- Stir in oats, pineapple and coconut.
- Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet (I always use a silpat on my baking sheets - you never have burned cookies with one!).
- Bake 12 minutes on center rack until golden.
- Remove from oven, cool on sheet for about 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container.