Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I took a basic oatmeal cookie recipe and just changed a few things around. Dried pineapple works best. I wanted a cookie without chocolate, but I'm thinking of adding some chips to the next batch - these were a huge hit with my coworkers!!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed (I prefer dark brown)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick or regular)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped dried pineapple
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, soda, powder and salt; set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla - mixing on high until light and fluffy.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, until well combined.
- Stir in oats, pineapple and coconut.
- Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet (I always use a silpat on my baking sheets - you never have burned cookies with one!).
- Bake 12 minutes on center rack until golden.
- Remove from oven, cool on sheet for about 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container.
These cookies are delicious. I followed the recipe with no alterations. I could eat a dozen of these at one time.
In an effort to use some languishing pantry items, I ran a half-batch trial of this today. Used unsweetened medium shred coconut that I toasted first, low-sugar dried pineapple, and quick oats. The only change was the addition of a few drops of coconut flavoring. I used my 1 1/2 T. scoop and they needed to stay in the oven a hair over 13 minutes. This makes a rather stiff dough so get your arm ready! DANG! This is one tasty cookie! Good thing (or bad thing?!?) I still have enough pineapple and coconut to make the other half-batch! This would easily move to a gluten-free recipe and I have every intention of trying it out...with a little coconut flour in the mix, too! I hope others have tried this recipe and just forgot to review! THANKS!!