1/2 Photos of Kathy's Country Chicken Casserole
My son asked last night, "Mom how do you know how to make this?" I said, "Hmm...don't know. Been cooking it forever." He said, "Well when I move out, please write it down for me. This stuff is great!" (Then I start worrying about him "moving out" someday, but my husband assures me the son will never leave as long as I keep cooking like this for him.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups medium pasta shells or 2 cups your favorite pasta, cooked drained
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces (or can use canned chicken as shortcut)
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1 (29 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 1/2 cups grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can French-fried onions
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1Brown chicken in butter until no longer pink (while your pasta cooks).
- 2Drain pasta, and combine chicken, pasta, mixed vegetables, cheese, soups, and spices into 9 x 13 glass casserole.
- 3Bake covered with foil, at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 4Remove foil, cover top with french fried onions.
- 5Return, uncovered, to oven for about five more minutes or until onions are slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kathy's Country Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.1
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 1107.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: