Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My son asked last night, "Mom how do you know how to make this?" I said, "Hmm...don't know. Been cooking it forever." He said, "Well when I move out, please write it down for me. This stuff is great!" (Then I start worrying about him "moving out" someday, but my husband assures me the son will never leave as long as I keep cooking like this for him.)
- 2 cups medium pasta shells or 2 cups your favorite pasta, cooked drained
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces (or can use canned chicken as shortcut)
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1 (29 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can French-fried onions
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Brown chicken in butter until no longer pink (while your pasta cooks).
- Drain pasta, and combine chicken, pasta, mixed vegetables, cheese, soups, and spices into 9 x 13 glass casserole.
- Bake covered with foil, at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, cover top with french fried onions.
- Return, uncovered, to oven for about five more minutes or until onions are slightly browned.
My dh loved this dish. He couldn't get enough of it. It surprised me how much he enjoyed this. I had cooked this the same night I made a chicken pot pie that i've been making for years. He wouldn't touch the chicken pot pie. I guess this will be our new favorite chicken casserole. Thanks so much for posting. ChefRaylene
My husband LOVED this dish! He went back for seconds and thirds! I added Italian Seasoning and Poultry Seasoning to the mix and subbed crushed croutons for the onions as we really don't like them. I will definitely be making this again and again for hubby! Thanks for the fab recipe!