Recipe by **Mandy**
This is a Greek slice recipe I found in my Kelloggs recipe book. It looks really simple, I haven't tried it yet but posting for ZWT 4.
- 50 miniature shredded wheat cereal
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 180 g butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar, extra
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 30cm x 20cm swiss roll tin and line with mini-wheats.
- Combine walnuts, 1 tblsp sugar & cinnamon and sprinkle over whats.
- Pour melted butter evenly over base & bake at 180.C for 10-15 mins or until lightly brown on top.
- Meanwhile bring extra sugar & water to boil in a saucepan and simmer for 10-15 mins but don't allow it to turn caramel, remove from heat & add lemon juice but don't stir.
- Once base has cooled, pour over the sugar syrup, cool slighly but slice while still warm.