1/2 Photos of Kartoffelpfannkuchen (Potato Pancakes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate raw potatoes into water to which lemon juice has been added.
- 2Place potatoes in a strainer or cheese cloth and drain off liquid.
- 3Drain well.
- 4Beat raw and cooked potatoes with egg, milk, and salt to form a batter.
- 5Using 3 T oil for each batch, drop batter for 3 or 4 pancakes at a time in hot oil in a large frypan.
- 6When firm on the bottom side, loosen edges and turn.
- 7Brown on other side.
- 8Remove, drain on paper towel, and keep warm.
- 9Continue until all batter is used.
- 10Serve immediately.
- 12If potato cakes are served with meat, sprinkle with salt.
- 13Sprinkle with sugar if served with applesauce.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kartoffelpfannkuchen (Potato Pancakes)
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.2
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 326.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g