1 hr 30 mins
Karen Guerra's Note:
Delicious soup. Quick and easy. My dad loves it this way. I usually serve it with toast and butter. This soup freezes well. I am guessing on serving sizes, I never counted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cooked ham, with bone in
- 1 lb dried split peas (soaked overnight, water 3 inches above peas)
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup ham (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup potato (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup carrot (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1soak peas overnight.
- 2cook hm in 8 cups of water for 45 minutes. ( do not drain water).
- 3remove ham and when cool, cut meat off.
- 4chop onion and garlic in chopper.
- 5add oil, onion and garlic.
- 6cook for 5 minutes.
- 7add thyme, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaves, carrots, potatoes and ham and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- 8add 6 cups of ham stock and peas ( drain water ).
- 9cook on high with cover until boiling.
- 10when boiling turn heat down to low and cook covered for about an hour.
- 11Adjust salt, pepper and if want add granulated garlic to taste.
- 12Cook for another half hour uncovered.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karen's Split Pea Soup With Ham
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 966.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: