Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Sauced steak strips are combined with green beans, mushrooms and onions, then served over egg noodles. Serve with a salad and some garlic bread for a great meal. From an Easy Everyday Cooking recipe card.
- 1 lb lean round steak, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chili sauce (store-bought or try Make Your Own Chili Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- Cut steaks into thin strips.
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion and saute about 2 minutes, until tender, then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add remaining butter to skillet, then add steak strips.
- Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until strips are browned on all sides.
- Add chili sauce, cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Blend flour with cold water and stir into skillet.
- Cook, stirring continually, for about 5 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and return mushrooms and onions to skillet.
- Add green beans and mix well.
- Cook about 2 minutes, or until beans are heated through (do not boil).
- Serve over hot egg noodles.