Missy Wombat's Note:
My other half works in East Timor and since most people cook on a kerosene cooker this recipe is fairly typical of how he uses his modo-tahan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, trim and dry kangkong.
- 2In a wok or skillet, heat oon sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chopped onion, chopped garlic cloves and a peeled and minced ginger.
- 4Stir-fry for a minute or so until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- 5Add the kangkong, finely chopped bird chili pepper, water and soy sauce.
- 6Continue to stir-fry just until the kangkong wilts, about another minute.
- 7Plate with a garnish of toasted sesame seeds or ripped Thai basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kang kong stir fry
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 506.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: