1 hr 25 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This was from Outpost Natural Foods. It looks so good that I wanted to post it and try soon! Recipe adapted (by Outpost) from The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen by Peter Berley. Prep time includes pre-cooking the grains.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1/2 cup kamut (berries)
- 1/2 cup spelt berries
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup fennel bulb, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- sea salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1To prepare the grains, put grains in a large pot and cover with water to 3 inches above grains.
- 2Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 3Turn off heat, cover pot and allow grains to sit for 1 hour; drain into a colander and rinse under cold running water.
- 4Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 5Spread pecans on a baking sheet and toast for 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 6Over medium heat, warm olive oil and add onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- 7Add carrot, fennel, celery, garlic, sage, salt to taste and water.
- 8Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- 9Add prepared grains to vegetables and stir in toasted pecans, parsley and pepper to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kamut Berry, Spelt Berry and Wild Rice Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.5
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: