kelly in TO's Note:
Serve with whole grain rolls or baguette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon crumbed dried sage
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cubed black forest ham
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas, draied and rinsed
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, salt, pepper and sage, sitring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add stock, sweet potato, ham, red pepper and chickpeas; bring to boil.
- 3Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 4Add kale; simmer until tender, about 5 minutes,.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kale and Chickpea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.2
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 347.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black forest ham