Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve with whole grain rolls or baguette.
Make and share this Kale and Chickpea Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 teaspoon crumbed dried sage
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed black forest ham
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas, draied and rinsed
- 3 cups chopped kale
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, salt, pepper and sage, sitring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock, sweet potato, ham, red pepper and chickpeas; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add kale; simmer until tender, about 5 minutes,.
What a great and easy recipe!! Simply love it! <br/>I'm a beginner cook, and I really liked how easy it was to make! Thumbs up!