Recipe by Renee Ferraz
Another recipe from a Kahlua recipe booklet.
Top Review by CarsonM
Aside from the icing, there isn't a very strong Kahlua flavor to this cake. Nevertheless, the cake has quite a pleasant flavor all by itself (the swirl, in particular, gives it a predominantly nutmeg taste) and it's pretty moist.
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mace
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- pecan halves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour 9 inch fluted tube pan.
- Prepare streusel filling by mixing all together.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Resift flour with baking powder, soda, salt and mace.
- In large bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat 2 mins on medium speed (batter may appear curdled).
- On lowest speed, blend in flour alternately with sour cream and Kahlua.
- Turn 1/3 batter into prepared pan.
- Cover with 1/2 streusel filling, an additional 1/3 batter and remaining streusel.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 45 mins, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 mins.
- Invert onto cake rack; cool until lukewarm.
- Remove pan.
- Combine all glaze ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Spoon over top of lukewarm cake.
- Garnish with pecan halves.