Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe out of a Kahlua recipe book. I thought it might be a nice twist to an old favorite.
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- beat eggs and add pumpkin.
- stir in rest of ingredients well.
- preheat oven 450.
- cook empty pie shell 8 minutes.
- carefully pour filling into pie shell.
- reduce oven to 325.
- bake for about 45-50 minutes.
- cool on wire rack.
What a wonderful recipe. I made it today and it will become my Thanksgiving pie from now on. Yum. Love the combination of flavors.
I baked this this afternoon and the smell was just WOW!!!!! The coffee taste blended really well with the pumpkin and spices without any dominating over the other. The best was eating it--with mini scoops of vanilla and coffee ice cream. Thanks, Smoke Alarm Jr.--this is DEFINATELY a keeper in my house, and I know I'll be making this often!
I have never in my life made a pie and this was the one I chose to try! It was so easy (especially for a beginner)and everyone loved it. I, personally, do not like pumpkin - but it had a great mild flavor. Thanks!