Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got the original recipe for these off of a Bailey's Irish Cream website and then relaized later that they weren't chocolate & I didn't have Baileys! Soooo.... I created my own version and I have to say, they were a hit for my girls movie night. Adjust the amount of cocoa powder to your own chocolate needs. ;-)
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake tin with liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. (first five ingredients).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla.
- Mix in half of the flour mixture, then add liquids, then the remaining flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Distribute batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean.
- For frosting: combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Spread on top of cooled cupcakes.
- Store in refrigerator.