Recipe by spatchcock
As I mention in the recipe, these berries go very well with champagne!!
Top Review by susie cooks
Delicious!!! Made as written and would not change a thing. The Kahlua gives the chocolate a little boost and it is yummy! I am making them again this weekend AND serving them with champagne!
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 2 pints strawberries, cleaned and dried
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate over simmering water.
- Don't let the bottom of the bowl touch the water.
- Stir in the milk and remove from the heat.
- Add the Kahlua and whisk until smooth.
- Cool until thickened.
- Wash and rinse the strawberries.
- Dry them thoroughly and set aside.
- After the chocolate sauce is cooled, dip the strawberries and enjoy.
- The whipped cream is for dipping after the chocolate.
- This recipe goes very well with pineapple slices or champagne (my personal favorite!).