Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this on another site...purported to be authentic Lebanese cuisine. We think it's great!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Soak wooden skewers in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Divide into 6 portions and shape around one end of a skewer in a log shape, about 1 inch thick and 6 inches long.
- Grill over high heat, turning several times, for 10-15 minutes.
Delicious -- I added a little paprika, formed meat into small meatballs and pan fried them so they were nice and browned. They turned out tender, juicy and tasting of fresh herbs. Thanks for posting the recipe Kaarin.
This was tasty and delicious. Instead of making it as kabobs, I flatten a thin layer of the meat inside pita bread pockets and bake in the oven until the meat is cooked and the bread is crusty. The sandwiches are then drizzled with lemon juice and served with yogurt and pickles. Next time I would add some cinnamon to the recipe for additional flavor. Will be making this again and thanks for the recipe!
This is an excellent recipe...you can also broil it in the ovenif you want or make it on the skilt...either or is fine. I also toast Lebanese bread or pita bread and brush some olive oil and garlic on it and place the kafta on top! Yummy:)