Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a copy of a classic dish that you find at Ikea. I found this online and it pairs nicely with Cream Sauce for Meatballs (Ikea Style). Enjoy!
- In a skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter, heating until melted and just starting to brown. Add onion to skillet, saute until onion is golden.
- To the bread crumbs, add 2 Tbsp milk to moisten.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, egg. Add onion, mashed potatoes, and moistened breadcrumbs. Add spices (salt, pepper, allspice). Add remaining milk a little at a time; stop before the mixture gets gloppy. If the meat mixture gets too gooey to form nice, neat meatballs, add a more breadcrumbs.
- Use a pair of spoons rinsed in water and shape the meat mixture into small round balls.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Add meatballs to skillet, being careful not to crowd the pan. Shake periodically so that the meatballs don't develop flat spots. Cook until meatballs are done through.
Delicious! We loved this classic recipe for Swedish meatballs. The mashed potatoes kept the meatballs very moist and tender. Instead of using the spoons to shape the meatballs, I sprayed my hands with cooking spray and rolled the meat, with my hands, into golf ball sized balls. I was able to get 3 dozen golf ball sized meatballs. I made a double recipe of Cream Sauce for Meatballs (Ikea Style), and added it to the meatballs instead of serving it on the side. I served this over whole-wheat noodles. My family loved this and gave it 2-thumbs up. Thank you for sharing. *Made for ZWT6 Xtra Hot Dishes*
Loved the flavor and smooth texture of these meatballs. I had a little trouble with the breadcrumbs being lumpy when I stirred them in...I had to do some extra mixing to get them to incorporate evenly. I served them over rice with Dulce De Leche Cheesecake Lightened Up and everyone enjoyed it. DH ate the leftovers for dinner the next day too! Made for the Hot Pink Panthers, ZWT9.
good easy zwt9