Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This is my 10 YO sons recipe that he came up with as an after-school snack. When I told him it tasted good, he asked if we could put it on zaar! Yep, only 10 and knows all the good recipes come here!
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded cheese (Justin prefers cheddar and mozarella mixed together)
- Place bread on microwave safe plate Evenly sprinkle cheese on bread Microwave until cheese melts, 30-45 seconds.
- Be careful because it will be hot!
- Fold it up to eat or use a fork.
Mmmm, quick and tasty cheesy goodness. My 10 yr old said to tell Justin 'thank you!' The girls have also modified it a bit on their own by toasting two slices of bread first and making a quick, kid-friendly grilled cheese. Thanks for posting! :o)
This was a great, late-night snack. I'm constantly looking for new ways to eat something late at night to keep my blood sugar steady until morning, and this fits the bill perfectly. Thanks! I used oat bread and colby-jack cheese, but will try the recipe exactly as written soon.
I have been doing this since we have owned a microwave. Still, I can't resist giving my friend Bekah and buddy Justin a pat on the back!