Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
There is a local Peach Festival here every year and this recipe won the dessert category a few years ago. I've been making it for awhile now and everyone seems to enjoy it. I get quite a few requests for it throughout the year.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) white cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (19 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened to room temp
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Add the eggs, pie filling, vanilla and walnuts and blend well for about 2 minutes.
- Pour this batter into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch pan which has been coated with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add the butter and cut it into the dry mixture using a fork or pastry blender. Continue to blend until mixture is crumbly.
- Pour this topping mix evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes until done.
- Cool for 30 minutes before serving.