Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Gorgonzola-walnut ravioli, sage, butter... YUM! I've also used chicken ravioli and added prosciutto. You can switch up the ravioli fillings, but the first one I mentioned, which can be had for a mere pittance at Trader Joe's, is pure decadence. This is absolutely diet food (she says rather unconvincingly).
- 12 ounces gorgonzola walnut ravioli
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaf, chopped
- grated fresh parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides and butter begins to turn brown. Stir in sage and cook, stirring, until sage is crisp and butter is golden brown.
- Very gently fold the ravioli into the sauce until well-coated and serve.
Wow! This was absolutely delicious. I wasn't sure how the flavors would taste together. I have had linguini in a butter sage sauce and really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure how the sage would go with gorgonzola, two very strong flavors. Let me tell you, the flavors explode together in your mouth. For me, the nuttiness of the browned butter is what really pulled it off. The nice, rich, and earthy flavor is truly decadent. I made exactly as posted with Trader Joe's ravioli. Perfect name for this recipe, it sure gave me pause to to try it. Thanks Sandi (From CA), for a great recipe.