Recipe by Lvs2Cook
You will need a six-cup jumbo muffin pan to make these muffins. You can use fresh corn kernels (about 1 ear), frozen corn kernels (unthawed), or canned corn kernels. They are so good and go with all kinds of meals -- from chili to chicken. The original recipe is from Family Circle.
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup corn kernel
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450º.
- Grease a 6 cup jumbo muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and cayenne together in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil and egg.
- Add buttermilk mixture to to flour mixture and stir until ingredients are just moistened.
- Fold in corn.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake at 450º for 22 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Remove muffin to wire rack and cool.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.