Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
celeb dish out of the August 07 Good Housekeeping.
Top Review by Engrossed
Very Good! I halved the recipe and used white donut peaches from my tree and bourbon. This year my peaches turned out a little starchy and not as sweet and this recipe made them taste 100 times better.
- 3 lbs firm-ripe peaches, pitted and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Scotch whisky
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Grease 13" by 9" glass baking dish.
- Prepare filling: In large bowl, toss peaches with lemon juice. Add Whisky, granulated sugar, and 1/4 cup brown sugar; toss to coat. Spread mixture in baking dish and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Prepare topping: In large bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, and 1/2 cup brown sugar. With pastry blender, cut in 10 tablespoons butter until coarse crumbs form. Press crumbs together into 1/2-inch clumps; sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake crisp 30-35 minutes or until topping is brown and fruit is hot and bubbly. Cool 20 minutes. Serve warm with frozen yogurt if you like.