Recipe by KellyMac6
A delicious recipe for a shrimp quiche. It is a great quiche that isn't too eggy, I have only made it with shrimp but I can only imagine how good it is with lobster or crab. I also made this easily into mini quiches by halving the recipe. Also, the egg mixture can be made the day before and poured into the quiche shell right before baking. Also it can be served hot or cold.
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cooked fresh shrimp or 1 cup cooked canned shrimp, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons madeira wine or 2 tablespoons dry white vermouth
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 inches partially cooked pastry shells
- 1⁄4 cup grated swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the shallots or onions in the butter for 1-2 minutes over moderate heat until tender, but not browned.
- Add shellfish meat and stir gently for 2 minutes. Sprinkle on 1/4 tsp of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Add wine, raise heat and boil for a minute. Allow to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl with the cream, tomato paste, and remaining seasonings. Gradually blend in the shellfish and taste for seasoning.
- Pour mixture into pastry shell and sprinkle the cheese over it.
- Bake in upper third of preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until quiche has puffed and browned.