sweet and tangy carrots with a hint of sour explosion! i love this recipe because its one of my origionals!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan, heat 1 cup water at medium-low heat and add carrots.
- 2Cook until carrots are almost tender,water should be to a simmering boil. then drain water from saucepan and slice lemon in half and squeeze lemon juice in saucepan. Let simmer for about 3 minute stirring occasionally to make sure all the carrots get some.
- 3Once almost all the lemon juice is absorbed, add 1/2 cup of orange juice and cook carrots until almost absorbing all the juice, stirring frequently.
- 4Then, add honey and mix well, then add soy sauce. Let all the liquids that are remaining come to a boil.
- 5Stir frequently, and try the carrots to see if they are ready. If you would like sweeter, add 1 more tablespoon honey. If you would like more sour, add 1 more tablespoon of soy sauce. there you have it.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Juju Bean's Sweet and Sour Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.0
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 647.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g