Recipe by jujubean123
sweet and tangy carrots with a hint of sour explosion! i love this recipe because its one of my origionals!
- 2 medium carrots, sliced in diagnol circles
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, heat 1 cup water at medium-low heat and add carrots.
- Cook until carrots are almost tender,water should be to a simmering boil. then drain water from saucepan and slice lemon in half and squeeze lemon juice in saucepan. Let simmer for about 3 minute stirring occasionally to make sure all the carrots get some.
- Once almost all the lemon juice is absorbed, add 1/2 cup of orange juice and cook carrots until almost absorbing all the juice, stirring frequently.
- Then, add honey and mix well, then add soy sauce. Let all the liquids that are remaining come to a boil.
- Stir frequently, and try the carrots to see if they are ready. If you would like sweeter, add 1 more tablespoon honey. If you would like more sour, add 1 more tablespoon of soy sauce. there you have it.