1/5 Photos of Judy's Grilled Flank Steak
Hey Jude's Note:
My family loves this steak--I rarely have leftovers. This steak goes well with baked potatoes and a spinach salad. I don't remember where I got the recipe, I've been making it for years and years. Prep time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine or 1/3 cup sherry wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs flank steaks, trimmed of fat
- 1Combine onion, garlic, white wine, soy sauce, honey, oil, Worcestershire sauce, ginger and pepper.
- 2Stir until smooth.
- 3Place steak in a shallow glass dish (or zip-loc bag).
- 4Cover with the marinade, turning to make sure steak is covered.
- 5Refrigerate, covered, at least 12 hours but no more than 24 hours.
- 6Turn and baste often.
- 7Drain steak well.
- 8Place on broiler pan under preheated broiler, 6 inches from heat.
- 9Broil 6 minutes per side for rare.
- 10Transfer to a cutting board, let stand for 5 minutes.
- 11Cut across the grain into thin slices.
- 12Steak may also be grilled outdoors on a gas or charcoal grill.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Judy's Grilled Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 96.3 mg
- Sodium 1098.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 32.2 g