Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my very own creation, I whipped this up one day quite by accident. I call this Joshua's favorite Tilapia, because my husband (like me) could eat this 7 nights a week if we could. This is the easiest way to cook Tilapia, and if you are watching those calories then you need not worry this is extremely low fat, oh and did I mention TO DIE FOR !!! This recipe is SIMPLE with FEW ingredients, but has the potential to add what ever you want. I like it AS IS !
- tilapia fillet
- fat-free Italian salad dressing (I use Wishbone)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup jasmine rice (uncooked)
- Pour your dressing straight from the bottle into the pan, I usually make sure the bottom is covered but not too much, I gave approximate measures here.
- Place the fillets on top of the dressing in the pan.
- Sprinkle with all 4 seasonings (all the measurements I gave are approximate). I usually just sprinkle a generous amount on each filet. Don't leave out the cumin it is a wonderful addition to the fish.
- Saute the fillets on med-low heat approximate 4-5 minutes each side until fish flakes easy with a fork.
- While the fish is slowly cooking, cook the rice, using 2 1/2 cups water and 1 cup rice, with butter, bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes on low.
- Serve the fillet on top of the Jasmine rice. I will usually add more s&p and cumin according to my taste.
Really good and SO easy!!! Even my boys enjoyed it. After the tilapia was cooked, I threw a bunch of fresh spinach on top and put a lid on it to wilt. Used brown rice (what we prefer), but that was the only change. I don't think I even used 1/4 cup of salad dressing, and that is such a low cal/fat way to prepare it. Thanks so much!
Thank you for the recipe, I didn't have all the ingredients so what I did was substitute balsamic vinaigrette for Italian dressing, garlic salt for regular salt, and dried parsley for cumin and Old Bay. Regardless, the tilapia came out soooo delicious! Next time hopefully I can try it with the original ingredients, but thank you for the initial recipe!!
This was pretty good but the salad dressing was a little overpowering to the fish. Thanks!!