This is my very own creation, I whipped this up one day quite by accident. I call this Joshua's favorite Tilapia, because my husband (like me) could eat this 7 nights a week if we could. This is the easiest way to cook Tilapia, and if you are watching those calories then you need not worry this is extremely low fat, oh and did I mention TO DIE FOR !!! This recipe is SIMPLE with FEW ingredients, but has the potential to add what ever you want. I like it AS IS !
- Pour your dressing straight from the bottle into the pan, I usually make sure the bottom is covered but not too much, I gave approximate measures here.
- Place the fillets on top of the dressing in the pan.
- Sprinkle with all 4 seasonings (all the measurements I gave are approximate). I usually just sprinkle a generous amount on each filet. Don't leave out the cumin it is a wonderful addition to the fish.
- Saute the fillets on med-low heat approximate 4-5 minutes each side until fish flakes easy with a fork.
- While the fish is slowly cooking, cook the rice, using 2 1/2 cups water and 1 cup rice, with butter, bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes on low.
- Serve the fillet on top of the Jasmine rice. I will usually add more s&p and cumin according to my taste.