Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Don't know why my Mom called these K-sandwiches, but my sisters and I still use this recipe to this day, and it's always been a favorite in our households...I think you'll be most pleasantly suprised!
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, cut in cubes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's preferably)
- 3 tablespoons sweet relish, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green olives
- 10 hot dog buns, cut in halves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon a generous amount of the tuna mixture onto the bottom half of the hot dog buns and cover with the top half. Cut the filled sandwich buns in half.
- Wrap each full sandwich bun (both halves) in foil.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- YUM! Cheese melts perfectly every time!
Nice twist on a tuna melt. Easy cleanup too. Very tasty and the cheese is melted perfectly.
Made these for dinner tonight and they were great! A little messy but, a fun summer sandwich!
I subbed mozzarella for the velveeta and broiled the toasted sandwiches. Not exactly what you had in mind but close enough to authoritatively state that this is a superior tuna salad, Stacky5LRC. Thank you.